Thursday 19 December 2013

Shooting a songbird


My heart immediately started racing during a phone call I received from one of my previous clients when she asked me if I wanted to be the official photographer for the upcoming Maher Zain concert! Uhm.... let me think... YES!
How do you NOT jump at the chance to cover such a huge event? 
I actually didn't have a choice!

In the weeks leading up to the concert I received my brief for the exact photographs the singer's media people would need and on the day that little piece of paper with this list never left me - I had to get it right!


I was asked to cover the arrival of Maher Zain and his entourage at the airport (that's me below - waiting with the rest of the paparazzi). 

 

As I stood waiting, with all the fans, I couldn't help but get caught up in their excitement, even though I was not AS familiar with his music as they all were. 
The whole atmosphere at "domestic arrivals" was amazing!


The fans were so ready for him.....


and when he arrived..................


the screams were uncontrollable and they all swarmed to him to get a picture, an autograph... anything (check out my assistant in the corner).


 One of Maher Zain's fans gave him a painting he made.


Getting to know his bodyguard.



The powerful message Maher Zain wrote when he autographed a poster for a fan.


The queue outside Athlone Stadium before the concert.




The MC for the night - Faizel Sayed.





Unity


Ijaaz


Two of the fans went up to share why they love Maher Zain's music.




Harris J















A moment of silence for Nelson Mandela.




Maher Zain taking a picture with the audience.


The ladies who organized the whole concert! 






xo FaraFiti

1 comment: